VISITING KEY WEST IN OCTOBER
October tips, weather, and events
Fantasy Fest turned 40 in 2019, and it is still crazy after all these years. This 10-day costume party—not necessarily kid-friendly—was started by some fun-loving locals to bring more tourism to Key West in the low season. To say it worked would be an understatement. People from all over the world now come here in October with costumes and creativity in spades. More family friendly events include the opening of stone crab season in mid-October and the Goombay street party.
Oceans Edge is always the best place to stay during such events—an idyllic retreat easily accessed with our complimentary daily shuttle. Browse our special offers and book today.
October weather in Key West
- Average High Air Temp 84.6° F (29.2° C)
- Average Low Air Temp 75.9° F (24.4° C)
- Average Water Temp 82.8° F (28.2° C)
- Average Rainfall 4.5 inches (11.4 cm)
- Average Sunset Time 7:13 p.m.
Top tips for packing your bags in October
- Summer gear for swimming, plus flip-flops, a hat, and sunscreen
- Cover-ups and light, long-sleeved shirts for kayaking and paddleboarding
- Consider SPF-wear since the sun is still strong
October events and holidays
- Fantasy Fest
- Stone crab season opening
- Goombay Festival
More Related OffersView all Offers
an exhilarating Key West escapeDiscover More